One month following far-left anti-gun Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s unconstitutional edict trying to unilaterally usurp Albuquerque and Bernalillo County residents’ rights to open or concealed carry, she called a Tuesday press conference trying to defend the indefensible after a judge struck down her original order and her subsequent amended order.
She tried to take credit for a minor dip in gunshots detected from 166 over a 4-day span in September to 128 over another 4-day span later in the month, despite her unconstitutional orders being on hold pending the judge’s ruling.
“I am incredibly pleased by the outcome, but we have a long way to go,” she said, claiming her policies were helping “move the needle,” despite violent crime at an all-time high, with constant homicides in Albuquerque.
The governor said, “I won’t rest until we don’t have to talk about (gun violence) as an epidemic and a public health emergency. That’s the goal — and if we turn the tide and it’s sustainable.”
“Every single New Mexican deserves that, and there’s not a single New Mexican who isn’t impacted by our public safety challenges and, quite frankly, this epidemic and crisis,” she claimed.
A Monday murder near the 1100 block of Second Street NW was the 118th homicide in the Duke City, just 20 shy of last year’s total with two full months to go.
Lujan Grisham recently tripled down on her unconstitutional executive order, having her New Mexico Department of Health Secretary Patrick Allen reissue the stricken firearm ban on parks and playgrounds, which carries $5,000 civil infraction penalties.
Lujan Grisham continues to face impeachment calls from 31 legislators, being led by Reps. Stefani Lord (R-Sandia Park) and John Block (R-Alamogordo), who have begun a certification petition process for an extraordinary impeachment session.