Firebrand conservative Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) is visiting Carlsbad on Sunday to stump for Congresswoman Yvette Herrell of the Second District for her reelection and GOP nominee for governor Mark Ronchetti as he attempts to knock off far-left Democrat Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham. Herrell is facing far-left Democrat candidate Gabe Vasquez.
According to Reuters, “DeSantis is also scheduled to join a New Mexico rally for Republican gubernatorial candidate Mark Ronchetti and House of Representatives incumbent Yvette Herrell, who are running neck-and-neck against their Democratic opponents.”
The Hill reports that DeSantis will visit Carlsbad on Sunday and then travel to Phoenix, Arizona, to stump for Trump-backed candidates Kari Lake, who is running for governor, and U.S. Senate candidate Blake Masters.
“Each of the candidates that DeSantis is rallying for has been endorsed by Trump, with the exception of Herrell, though she previously won the former president’s support during her successful 2020 campaign for her House seat,” The Hill reports.
The popular governor is poised to offer an emphatic endorsement to the two New Mexico Republicans, which could boost them going forward toward the November 8 election. Absentee voting starts in around two months, with the race just around the corner.
The event will take place at the Walter Gerrells Performing Arts and Exhibition Center located at 4012 National Parks Highway in Carlsbad. Doors open at 2:00 p.m. The event starts at 4:00 p.m. Tickets can be found here or by visiting MarkRonchetti.com.
The event website notes, “All guests upon entry will walk through a metal detector at the doors,” and “All homemade signs may not exceed 22×28 inches and will be reviewed upon entry.” As well, “All bags, large purses, backpacks and other carriers are prohibited from being brought into the event.” Exceptions include:
- Purses or bags that are no larger than 4.5”x 6.5”x 3″
- Medically necessary items and diaper bags; however, contents must be contained in a clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bag that does not exceed 12.75″ x 6.5″ x 12.75″
- Other than the above-noted exceptions, all other bags must be returned to the patron’s vehicle.
Prohibited items, according to the event, include:
- Firearms, weapons, fireworks, and other illegal substances
- Brooms, poles and staffs of any kind
- Weapons (including, without limitation, pocket knives), fireworks and other illegal substances
- Camera lenses in excess of eight inches, tripods, monopods and selfie sticks
- Animals (except service animals)
- Beach balls and other inflatable items
- Laser pens and laser pointers
- Alcohol, Cigarettes, and E-cigarettes
- Skateboards, hoverboards, and wheeled footwear
- Drones and other unmanned aerial vehicles
- Self-defense sprays (including, without limitation, pepper spray and mace)
- Toy guns or toy knives (including, without limitation, water guns)
- Non-collapsible umbrellas
- Any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate
All other information about the event can be found on the event homepage on Eventbrite.