New Mexico’s far-left Democrat Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, who is intent on yanking guns from law-abiding citizens, is again making national headlines for her screeds against guns.
“The constitutionality questions are beginning to be very complicated in the arena of gun violence,” Lujan Grisham said at a press conference Friday, which was reported on the front page of Fox News on Saturday. The far-left governor added, “We are going to continue this effort, following what is going on around the country.”
“There will be others who will follow in our footsteps, creating their own public safety corridors, which in effect also make New Mexicans safer,” she said of her rabidly anti-Second Amendment proposals.
According to the New Mexico Shooting Sports Association, the governor wants to bring forward the following during the upcoming 30-day session.
- A semi-automatic rife ban modeled after the failed federal proposal from Senator Heinrich
- Banning the carrying of firearms in parks, playgrounds, and near polling places
- Raising the age limit to purchase firearms to 21
- A 14-day waiting period when purchasing a gun
- Expanding New Mexico’s “red-flag” gun confiscation law (HB27)
- Making it easier to sue gun manufacturers and retailers
On the other side, Republicans are launching pro-Second Amendment proposals, including Rep. Stefani Lord’s bill to create tax incentives for buying firearm safes, Rep. Block’s proposals to institute constitutional carry and reduce gross receipts taxes on guns and ammunition, as well as other proposals to incentivize gun safe ownership.