On Saturday, both chambers of the Legislature met to consider radical Democrat legislation. The Senate was about to hear S.B. 8, scandal-ridden alleged serial groper Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s pro-election fraud bill to cement election fraud into New Mexico state statute.
But Republicans used a procedural move, the “Call of the Senate,” which mandates all senators be physically in the chamber to vote. Sens. Gregg Schmedes (R-Tijeras) and Jacob Candelaria (DTS-Bernalillo) were both unaccounted for, so the Senate could not ram through the extremist pro-election fraud bill.
Sen. Mimi Stewart (D-Bernalillo), the president pro-tem of the chamber, claimed, “We still have two senators that are not accounted for, not returning our calls and not contacting [the sergeant-at-arms] when she leaves them a message,” she said.
But Candelaria claims Stewart was lying. “Lie. No one called me or my office. Just saying,” the state senator wrote.
Instead, the Senate adjourned and met to ram through Democrat bills in the chamber’s Judiciary Committee.
On the House side, far-left Democrats rammed through extremist H.B. 68, a radical anti-gun bill, through the chamber, with the support of multiple Republicans. The House Government, Elections, and Indian Affairs Committee passed 6-3 H.B. 6, erroneously dubbed the “Clean Future Act,” which would mandate extreme regulations on multiple New Mexico industries — a piece of legislation devastating to the economy.
The Senate reconvenes at 1:00 p.m. Sunday to ram through Democrat bills, with S.B. 8 being the third item on the agenda. It is unclear if there will be another call of the Senate, stalling the extreme pro-fraud bill.
Contact key senators to stop S.B. 8 before the vote:
- Senator George Munoz: firstname.lastname@example.org (505) 986-4371
- Senator Pete Campos: email@example.com (505) 986-4311
- Senator Cervantes firstname.lastname@example.org , (505) 986-4861
- Senator Duhigg: email@example.com, (505) 986-4726
- Senator McKenna: firstname.lastname@example.org (505) 986-4301
- Senator Candelaria: (505) 986-4380, email@example.com
- Senator Pope: firstname.lastname@example.org, (505) 986-4365
- Senator Tallman: email@example.com, (505) 986-4373
- Senator Shendo: firstname.lastname@example.org, (505) 986-4310
- Senator Hickey: email@example.com, (505) 986-4513
Still on high alert over S.B. 144:
Speaker Brian Egolf (D-Santa Fe)and the radical House Democrats, desperate to push scandal-ridden alleged serial groper Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s agenda cross the finish line, will be attempting to amend S.B. 144, a previously two-page bill that passed the senate regarding the intimidation of election workers.
The amendments would install radical pro-election fraud language contained in S.B. 8 to S.B. 144 despite the purpose and title of the bill being different than the proposed amendments — a violation of House rules. The amendments would be worse than the provisions in S.B. 8.
S.B. 144 was originally scheduled to be heard in the House Judiciary Committee, but since the floor session went well past 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning, the revised House schedule shows the Judiciary Committee is no longer meeting, although the Piñon Post remains on high alert for any movement on this bill.
In the meantime, New Mexicans are urged to call and email legislators who sit on the House Judiciary Committee and demand they reject any amendment to S.B. 144 that would change the purpose of the bill.
- Chair: Gail Chasey (D). District 18 (Bernalillo). Room 308, (505) 986-4411. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair: Micaela Lara Cadena (D). District 33 (Dona Ana). Room 204B, (505) 986-4210. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Eliseo Lee Alcon (D). District 6 (Cibola & McKinley). Room 314A, (505) 986-4416. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Deborah A. Armstrong (D). District 17 (Bernalillo). Room 205B, (505) 986-4242. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Christine Chandler (D). District 43 (Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Sandoval and Santa Fe). Room 316B, (505) 986-4420. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Zachary J. Cook (R). District 56 (Lincoln and Otero). Room 203B, (505) 986-4226. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Brian Egolf (D). District 47 (Santa Fe). Room 104, (505) 986-4782. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Daymon Ely (D). District 23 (Bernalillo & Sandoval). Room 205A, (505) 986-4243. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Georgene Louis (D). District 26 (Bernalillo). Room 306, (505) 986-4329. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Matthew McQueen (D). District 50 (Bernalillo, Santa Fe, Torrance and Valencia). Room 316A, (505) 986-4423. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Greg Nibert (R). District 59 (Chaves & Lincoln). Room 203EN, (505) 986-4467. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: William “Bill” R. Rehm (R). District 31 (Bernalillo). Room 201B, (505) 986-4214. Email: email@example.com
- Member: James G. Townsend (R). District 54 (Chaves, Eddy and Otero). Room 125, (505) 986-4758. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or BCC them all in an email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org